Sunday, March 5, 2017

Avatars & are lives.....

Our lives are so interconnected that often we do not put ourselves all out there. Not only can it be dangerous. But, people use it against us. You post to FB and someone doesn't like what you have to say, so instead of just not responding or letting it go, they get mad. Really mad. Kinda over reaching their authority in my opinion. Or, lets look at that boss that sees a tweet or FB post and fires you. Which tells me you can be let go for having an opinion, I did not know that was against the law. I don't care if you did it at work, or about work. If it's at work, you could lose it due to not staying on task sure, but for posting? Come on people. How is our social life have tied to whether or not we can do our job? I could see that if you where doing things against the law, this is a different story; however, saying you do or do not like someone\something differ in politics seems a bit of a stretch. We all need that outlet. However, this is just not the case, so what do we do....create an Avatar.

I love watching some people on YouTube. icklenellierose, The Amazing Atheist, Sargon of Akkad, and PewDiePie to name a few. Not because they say the same things or even seem to hide who they are..but do in fact seem they are who they are. A bold move in this world. They don't just read or watch one thing and react, but do a research, take time to look at the word around them even and call people out on their crap. The other part of observed, is they do their post not only to be seen, heard or for their watches, but themselves. The best is always done for you first and your audience next. Since the point is to reach them. In a digital world we should be more informed. In some ways we are, in others...I think we are lazy. We read one thing, or watch one thing and take it as fact; however, I think You-tubers like those I named, are helping to brake us free, which brings me back.

We may not know for use if their name alone is the avatar that helped their true self or a part of themselves to be seen, or if to protect them. But their name alone is unique to give you a part of who they are at a glance. But like a book, you cannot stop there, or you will miss all else they have, just like all us that use our avatars.


In my opinion, I really think we all need that avatar, an outlet. Some of us use FB as that outlet. A way you have as much or as little control you want. On YouTube, your public, once you publish. The whole point of being on YouTube and nothing wrong with that; however, FB if you so chose you can hide, as long as you also watch your friends list. Although that being said, you still can make something locked for your eyes only. It can be a safer way of an outlet, a safety net, of sorts. As safe as this world on online is that is.

I have found myself even having three sides of myself. My FB, my blog, and another outlet that is hidden to all those that I know can't handle my own FB. How many of us do this? How many of us need that to stop feeling so caged in? I would expect a lot more then we know of. Not that we need to know. That's what the avatar is. A safe way to show one or more sides of you. I am more then what I have to be for where I live. Do I find ways to express them, yes; however, I couldn't function if I spoke or did somethings that I wanted, all the time. Nor could most of us. To be a part of society.

I find the fact that I have an avatar that is on its own, that is not a part of my everyday life is freeing. I can show that side of me I used to show, but also a part that is just that. New. And due to this, I am free. No long caged in one world. But another. One where all of who am does not stress me out. Something in which would be helpful to many people. I have been offline for the most part of 6 months, I know it may be awhile since I will not have this as an issue. Even now I know my time is short, and soon I will be going back and I won't have internet. And all I can hope that it is finally coming to an end.

What I found as I've been offline is that my world got to small, to confined because of where we must live for now. I know my little blog in this small part of the internet may not be seen by anyone or much of anybody, but I do not care. It is an outlet. Maybe someplace someone can have a thought challenged, or even learn something they didn't know or never thought about. And that is so great! It's why I watch the YouTube people I do. One for fun, two to have My own mind set challenged. I do not want to stop learning or get caught without the ability to change. I do not always agree with all their opinions, but I respect and normally can even see why they see things the way they do. Plus if I did agree with all their opinions I'd have no reason to watch. Or very little.

So, this is where I leave this post. If you did find my post and enjoyed it, thank you for reading. leave a comment if you like or follow me. I'm slow at the moment, but as soon as i can I'll try and upload more often.

-Ta

No comments:

Post a Comment